Thursday, January 20, 2011

winds of change

I feel really excited about the possibilities that lie ahead. This year is starting off pretty good, some things that I needed to let go or gone, some things I needed to change are changed, some things I needed to begin have begun. I think that is a good start. I may not be where I want to be, but I thank God, I am not where I used to be. I am really excited about some social activities I have coming up, getting involved in my community, and possibly joining a church. I realized over the last year I was in a self-imposed isolation, now it is time to come out and open myself back up to the universe. Sometimes we need to be isolated, to get alone with ourselves, the good, the bad, and the ugly, but you cant stay there. However, it is so easy to stay there, because it takes MAD ENERGY to be out in the land of the living. It takes physical, mental, and emotional energy! I realize it is okay to take time to refuel and rejuvenate and reflect, but I just have to make sure that I do just that! I have been traveling almost every weekend except one since 12/17 and I am TIRED. This weekend and for the next several weekends, I am looking forward to being in my own space, taking care of my home, getting rest and refueling for the next round of events. I still plan to get out and about, but it will be local...so I can sleep in my own bed! LOL. It's all about balance for me and I am working really hard to get balanced in all areas. I am also working on learning to "stay in my lane" and knowing what my strengths and weaknesses are. When I was married, my ex-husband used to always say to me, "you don't think you are a leader, but you are a leader." He would encourage me to "make things happen" and to create the life I wanted. I recall feeling very lonely and as a result of my desire for companionship I created a Book Club. I never imagined it would be as successful as it was, but it lasted for 5 years and we all went through life changing experiences together while reading wonderful books together. I miss the ladies in that book club so much, but I realize that everything isn't meant to last forever. Some things are meant to be precious memories and introduce you to people who will influence your life but may not be in your life forever. I remain close to many of my old "book club" members and we all have a bond that I believe will last for a lifetime, even if we don't see each other or talk to each other frequently. My book club taught me many things: 1) I missed reading 2) opening yourself up to other people can be a safe place 3) I am a leader 4) real women celebrate, motivate, and encourage each other 5) life changes so quickly so love the moment you are in

So here I am again, needing to take charge and create the life I want, needing to open myself up to others again, needing to truly nurture my soul through literature and scripture, explore my interests, and connect with the universe spiritually, physically, and emotionally. When you send love in to yourself, it can't help but be sent out to the universe, and when you send love out, then love comes back. It's the boomerang effect...what you put out is what will come back. If you want a friend, you must show yourself as a friend first. In life, it is truly what YOU make it...so one day at a time, I continue my journey....so glad the winds of change are blowing in my life once again!


Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.  See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.
Isaiah 43:18-19

6 comments:

  1. Glad for you. I was once a depressed person, I never wanted to go out and talk to anyone until I get the hang of posting blogs to the internet, the depression faded fast and I came back to my old me. Life would really be a great one if you would accept that you can't be basking in the sun every time and you should sometimes shower in the rain..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to know that blogging has been therapeutic for you too! I've learned the past can either hold you back or push you forward. Ive chosen the latter! I love what you said...sometimes you do have to shower in the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely get the isolation, sometimes we need that quiet time to renew ourselves in God. Praying for your journey to a new church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always thanks for your openness and willingness to share. I am inspired by it!

    I learned this through my life's greatest challenge. I believe God did not put us here to be islands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love is always in need of love. It feeds on itself, and more important that that, it nourishes...

    keep loving you Milski...

    ReplyDelete