Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Revolution>Resolution

So we are on the 11th day of January...how many of your New Year's resolutions have you kept? Resolutions are easy to make, but hard to keep. I realize it is really all about a renewing of the mind and those that are around you. Like your mother probably said, "birds of a feather flock together." My biggest resolution is to hang around positive people. I know life is hard and we all have negative experiences that we could harp on, but where does that really get you? I realize I am affected by other people's energy, so it is my goal to only surround myself with positive energy. If that means I lose a few people, oh well...what I will gain is worth so much more. I still plan to talk about life, my life...so it will be some negative in it, but I will always balance it with a positive spin. For example, my single woman plight continues. However, over the past few weeks I have met several men. Unfortunately, none of them panned out to anything. It's all good, because at least it reminded me that "mama's still got the mojo." LOL. The best part is that I am getting back out and opening myself back up to the possibility of love. I reflected on the place I was in 10 years ago when I met my future husband and future ex-husband (it's all good)....I was really in a good place. I was happy and I wasn't focused on my problems. I must have been putting positive energy out because my life was full of friends and men...lol...last year it seemed like I couldn't make any connections! Not just with men, but with females too...I know it was because I was being guarded. That came from being hurt by people I trusted and the guilt I carried from those I hurt. So this year I dropped those bags and opened myself back up. I realized even with all that hurt I am still standing, living, and moving forward. Most importantly, without all those experiences I wouldn't be where I am today or who I am today. So I count it ALL joy! This year will not be about resolutions...I take them all back...everyday I will just work on being a better, healthier, happier me..this year will be about a life revolution! It will be about getting BACK to happy, BACK to who God created me to be, BACK to me.


There's hope
It doesn't cost a thing to smile
You don't have to pay to laugh
You better thank God for that~ India.Arie


You turned my wailing into dancing;
   you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy
Psalm 30:11

No comments:

Post a Comment