Sunday, June 5, 2011

the best is yet to come....

This weekend I celebrated my 37th birthday. It was such a wonderful celebration. The celebration actually began Memorial Day weekend when my cousins and best friend came up to go to a wine festival. This past weekend was probably one of the best I have had in a long time, I was surrounded by so much love it was overwhelming at times. Overwhelming in a good way that is...I have lived in this little town for the past two years and I spent the first year of it reserved, withdrawn, and in unhealthy relationships. Thank God I am who He created me to be, despite my attempts to be otherwise, because I allowed myself to trust and open up again. As a result of that, I have met and developed friendships that I will cherish forever. I also realized that I am finally free from my past pain. The thing about being hurt is that it causes you to not just lose faith or trust in the opposite sex, but in people altogether. However, I have learned some valuable lessons that I hope to carry with me. Whatever you put out in the universe will definitely come back. Put bad things out there and bad things come back, put goodness out there and goodness comes back. I know there are people who will argue with me, because they think they are loving people and they don't seem to get love back. I used to think like that too, but this weekend reminded me that I get so much love back. I am truly a blessed woman. Despite all that has happened, some good and some bad, I continue to view my life as blessed. I truly believe that God is preparing me for great things. At 37, I know the best is yet to come....

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment