Monday, August 1, 2011

Adversities=Opportunities

Well I finally made the big move and let's just say, things have not gone exactly as planned. This seems to be the story of my life. Thankfully time and experience have taught me not to expect things to go smoothly, so I wasn't shaken (too badly anyway) by the chain of events I've experienced. At the end of the day, I am happy to be home. Coming home is a strange thing, the familiarity is comforting, but returning to somewhere where life kept going with out you can also be very isolating. People are happy you are here, but don't expect a big homecoming celebration.. Life just keeps on ticking...Whether you go home or to an unfamiliar land, you still have to create your own life. Whatever conflicts you had internally or otherwise will still be with you when you unpack all the boxes and settle in. The people that were your support system before will probably be the same people who are your support system now (at least in the beginning). You are still YOU, just in a different place. Hopefully, the change you make in your life will present new opportunities to learn something new about yourself or about those in your family or even the city you are in. Hopefully, reconciliation will take place where it needs to, bonds will be strengthened, and goals will be achieved. My point is each chapter of life presents a new set of challenges but also many great benefits. When I reflect on the last chapter of my life, it is a story filled with many highs and many lows, but I know each of those experiences have made me who I am today. The last few years, were especially instrumental in the woman I am. I learned how to live and be alone, and how to really depend on God. I learned how to trust him, in the midst of the wilderness, and my faith was strengthened by that "wilderness experience." Having an unshakeable faith helped me to maintain through a crazy week last week. The old me, would have thrown up my hands and cried out "Why Lord? Why Me?" but the transformed me, cried out "Thank you Lord! I trust you!" The transformed me, sought to find the lesson that God was teaching me in my adversity...the transformed me turned to God for my answers and my peace. I'm so thankful, that He continues to work on me and that my heart continues to remain open so that I may draw nearer and nearer to Him. My best friend informed me that 8 is the number of new beginning, so I am very excited about this 8th month of the year. I realize now that last week had to happen to shake me up some, to cause me to reflect, refocus, and re-energize to prepare for my New Beginning. Whatever may go on in my life, I pray that I embrace my adversity because I know that it is just another opportunity for me to commune with my Creator and knowing that He only wants the best for me, is all the comfort I need. I thank you Lord, for the opportunity to praise your name!

See, I have refined you, though not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction. For my own sake I do this. ISA 48:10,11

I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil 4:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment