Friday, December 31, 2010

Transition

Well it is officially the last day of the year...2010 is coming to a close! It's been an interesting close of the year, but I remain hopeful. My biggest hope is that in the next year strongholds will be released from my life and from the lives of those I hold nearest and dearest to my heart. I read somewhere that 11 signifies transition...well I feel my life is going through major transition. I also feel like my family is going through major transition. It seems like yesterday, my cousins and I were all playing at my grandmother's house and our biggest obstacle was what rules we would follow for UNO, or who had to wash, rinse, or dry the dishes (not my male cousin, his only task was the garbage!). I grew up in a family of women. There is only one male per generation, for the last 4 generations, so we are a family of strong women. We had to be! Our mom's take care of us, even now and we are all close to 30 or in our mid-thirties (hard to believe b/c we come from such great genes you wouldn't know it...lol). Holiday dinners are always prepared by the "Momma's" as we call them with love, but they have started entrusting us to the side dishes...and we have gotten pretty good! However, now it is time for us to start making the main dish, the turkey,the ham, the roast...it's time for us to start taking the lead and let the "momma's" sit back and relax. It's time to pass the torch...as much as we hate it, it's a necessary part of life...we have to be prepared so that we can then pass the torch on as well. Change is not always easy, but it can be good. With change or transition comes the potential for failure but also the potential for success...so our turkey may not be as good as our mom's but it will be in time...and if we cant make it, we know how to order it! (Most people get a fried turkey anyway now) The point is, it's TIME.

I am blessed to come from a family where my "extended family" is my IMMEDIATE family. My cousins and I are more like siblings and my aunts are more like second mothers. I didn't understand how "different" we were until I became an adult and realized everyone didn't do it like my family did. I come from great stock...great women, who come from a great woman...strong women, who come from a strong woman....god fearing women, who come from a god fearing woman...resourceful women, who come from a resourceful woman. Even still there are strongholds that exist...out of respect for my family I will not discuss those here. I am praying that my family will break strongholds and continue to walk in the greatness from which we were created. It's time to transition, it's time for the little girl inside of us to take a back seat, as my BFF says all the time. With that transition, comes great responsibility, and with that responsibility comes great influence. I am ready to walk in my greatness...I am ready to transition.



I'm the daughter of a great woman, 
who is the daughter of a great woman,
now I'm just trying to be a great woman....JPF

When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. 1Cor13:11

No comments:

Post a Comment